Find out if your community college courses will transfer to Aurora University and if they will meet our general education requirements. If you don’t see your school listed or you have additional questions, send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-742-5281.
All of the files linked below require Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and print these documents. Click here for more information about Acrobat Reader.
Community College Transfer Guides:
- Black Hawk College
- Blackhawk Technical College
- Carl Sandburg College
- City Colleges of Chicago
- College of DuPage
- College of Lake County
- Elgin Community College
- Gateway Technical College
- Harper College
- Heartland Community College
- Highland Community College
- Illinois Valley Community College
- Joliet Junior College
- Kankakee Community College
- Kishwaukee College
- Lincoln College
- Madison Area Technical College
- McHenry County College
- Milwaukee Area Technical College
- Moraine Valley Community College
- Morton College
- Northwestern College
- Oakton Community College
- Rock Valley College
- Sauk Valley Community College
- South Suburban College
- Triton College
- University of Wisconsin Colleges
- Waubonsee Community College
- Waukesha County Technical College
How to use the Transfer Guides
At the top of each column of courses you will see the following notations:
- Course number and title: The community college’s course number and title
- SH: The number of semester hours awarded for the course at the community college.
- AU course equivalent: Either a specific course or an elective.
- GER: Indicates how the course may be applied toward general education requirements
- APA and APB = Aesthetic and Philosophical Expression
- KOA and KOB = Knowing Ourselves and Others
- ONW = Observation of the Natural World.
- Comments: Comments regarding specific transfer regulations.
*General Education Requirements (GER) no longer apply to new incoming transfer students under the current catalog year.
Some courses are transferable, but cannot be used in a major or to meet general education requirements. This coursework may be used as general elective credit to help complete the minimum 120 semester hours required for graduation. All 100 and 200 level courses will transfer in only as 1000 or 2000 level courses at Aurora University.
Current AU students must submit a prior approval form before registering for classes at the community college.