Each year, about 45 percent of our entering class is comprised of transfer students — people who believe AU’s supportive, student-centered environment will help them finish what they started.
Take the Next Step
Admission CriteriaWe consider students for transfer admission who have:
- Completed 15 semester hours of transferable work at a regionally accredited institution
- Earned a cumulative grade-point average of at least a 2.0 at previous colleges/universities
Admission ProcessTransfer Application Deadlines
- Fall 2013 transfer admission deadline: August 14, 2013
- Spring 2013 transfer admission deadline: December 26, 2013
How to Apply
- Complete the free online application for admission.
- Submit your official transcripts. If you have 30 or more hours of credit, you only need to submit transcripts from other colleges or universities that you attended. If you have 15 to 29 hours of credit, you also will need to submit your high school and college transcripts as well as ACT or SAT scores.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You will automatically be considered for academic and need-based scholarships when your application for admission is complete and FAFSA has been submitted.
Transfer CreditsYour admission representative will work with you to determine if your previous coursework can be transferred to AU. We accept credit if it meets the following criteria:
- Earned from a regionally accredited institution
- Earned a grade of at least a C-
- Compares to credit offered at AU
- Applies to programs offered by AU
Community College Transfer Credit
Aurora University will accept up to 68 transferable credit hours from community colleges. Students who have earned an associate's degree from a regionally accredited college may have met all lower-division general education requirements. Students who do not have an associate's degree will be required to complete all AU general education requirements, either through transfer coursework and/or AU coursework.
Check out our transfer guides to see which of your courses from area community colleges will transfer.
If you do not meet the criteria for regular admission, you may be admitted on a conditional basis. Contact an admission representative to review your transcripts and discuss your options.