Admission Requirements — Master of Social Work
- A completed Graduate Application for Admission
- Transcripts (official, sealed in envelope) from all prior undergraduate and graduate colleges and/or universities. Aurora University accepts official electronic transcripts at AU-ETranscripts@aurora.edu
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution with an average GPA of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale. Students with a GPA of less than 2.75 will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Undergraduate curriculum must include three semester hours in statistics, research and physical assessment
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with your professional or academic abilities
- Statement of Purpose. Your personal statement should be typewritten, double-spaced narrative of three to five pages and reflect standards of graduate-level writing. Please address the following in your statement.
- Why have you chosen to pursue a MSW degree and what are your professional aspirations?
- Why have you chosen Aurora University to pursue your MSW?
- If your GPA is below 2.75 on a 4.0 scale, were there extenuating circumstances that affected your past academic performance? Please explain.