All candidates seeking admission to the Reading Instruction Program must:
- Have a valid Illinois professional educator license (early childhood, elementary, secondary, special PreK-12, or preschool-age 21)
- Be in a current full-time teaching position, and have one or more years of teaching experience in a PreK-12 setting
- Pass the Illinois Basic Skills Test, TAP Test of Academic Proficiency or have an ACT Plus Writing composite score of 22 or higher.
- A completed Graduate Application for Admission
- Transcripts (official, sealed in envelope) from the last degree earned: undergraduate degree indicating a GPA of 2.75 or higher or a graduate degree indicating a GPA of 3.0 or higher, both based on a 4.0 scale. Aurora University accepts official electronic transcripts at AU-ETranscripts@aurora.edu
- A recommendation from your current building principal or direct supervisor.