In any community, there is a mixture of residents, often including senior citizens, families with children and single professionals. In the communities surrounding Aurora University, student residents are often considered to be representatives of the university, even at their off-campus residences. As a result, the university is concerned about the impact of students’ conduct in the community.
We ask students to be considerate of their neighbors. Students should recognize that their schedules may differ considerably from other residents’ schedules and be considerate of community issues such as noise, parking, trash, property maintenance and alcohol usage. It is the student’s responsibility to know and follow the City of Aurora ordinances.
General expectations include the following:
- Be aware that loud music or cars, individuals shouting or increased traffic will disrupt your neighbors.
- Keep the noise level to a minimum.
- Take responsibility for your guests and ask them to respect your neighbors’ property and quality of life.
- Park cars in the street or in your driveway, not on the lawn; keep parked cars to a minimum and do not infringe on the ability of others to get in and out of their driveways without their view being obstructed.
- Check your lease to determine who is responsible for lawn maintenance and trash. It is important that you keep your home and yard clean and managed.
- Comply with all Aurora University policies and City of Aurora ordinances.
- NO UNDERAGE DRINKING OR OTHER ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES.