Aurora University is an independent, comprehensive institution founded in 1893 offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees. Our two campuses are located in Aurora, Illinois and on the shores of Geneva Lake in Wisconsin. Additionally, we have an Educational Center in Woodstock, Illinois. We seek people passionately involved in the educational process who will help us realize our vision.
Position Purpose: The Transfer Specialist supports learning by assisting with the transfer evaluation process along with the day to day operations of the Registrar’s office.
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service, learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
- Handle confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists with transcript evaluation processing.
- Performs data entry supporting the transcript evaluation process.
- Processes prior approvals and maintains log of prior approvals.
- Assists with the daily Registrar processes and requests.
- Reviews and processes student petitions/forms.
- Services as backup Receptionist and assisting students at the front counter.
- Assists with athletics eligibility.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Prior experience in a Registrar’s office.
- Strategic thinking with the ability to identify and to solve problems and deal with multiple projects simultaneously.
- Flexibility to deal with changing needs.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wider range of constituents.
- Strong customer-service focus.
- Excellent organizational skills with an attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft office applications.
- Ability to move about campus.
- Ability to spend long periods of time at a computer work station.
- Ability to interact via telephone, in-person, and via electronic media.
Benefit-eligible positions offer excellent benefits including health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission included. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
email@example.com - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to becoming a model university of the twenty-first century. Toward this effort we are determined to have a faculty, staff, and student body reflecting the cultural demographics of the Greater Chicago land Area.