Aurora University is an independent, comprehensive institution founded in 1893 offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees. Our two campuses are located in Aurora, Illinois and on the shores of Geneva Lake in Wisconsin. Additionally, we have an Educational Center in Woodstock, Illinois. We seek people passionately involved in the educational process who will help us realize our vision.
Position Purpose: The Transfer Admission Representative is responsible for recruitment of full-time and part-time transfer students to undergraduate programs. Counsels prospective transfer students throughout the admission process.
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service, learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
- Handle confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assumes responsibility for the recruitment of transfer students from assigned territory.
- Working with your supervisor, decides on the level of recruitment activity appropriate for various community colleges and other venues.
- Visits community colleges, college fairs, businesses, and other venues for the purpose of recruiting transfer students.
- Prospects for transfer students and provides accurate information about Aurora’s degree programs and admission procedures.
- Advises prospective transfer students regarding majors at AU according to each student’s interests and academic background.
- Develops communication strategies that will effectively promote Aurora University and transfer recruitment.
- Helps set enrollment goals for transfer students.
- Recommends and implements strategies to meet enrollment goals for transfer students.
- Evaluates college transcripts to determine whether student meets admission guidelines and makes the appropriate decision on admission, disapproval or review.
- Assists with enrollment and financial aid open houses, transfer student events and orientations throughout the year.
- Provides basic financial aid information to prospective transfer students, including explanation of the financial aid process and transfer scholarship opportunities; works with the student and/or family to determine a comprehensive financial plan for attendance at the university, often dealing with sensitive and confidential issues.
- Supervises student intern to assist in fulfilling admission representative duties.
- Performs other functions as necessary or assigned.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred.
- Experience in higher education important.
- Sensitivity to the needs of transfer and adult students is necessary.
- Excellent communication and organization skills and a customer-service orientation.
- Ability to prioritize work and to meet deadlines required.
- Flexibility with an evolving work situation essential.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of faculty, staff and students and to develop strong relationships with colleagues, staff, administrators, students and the general public.
- Some evening and Saturday hours required.
- Ability to move about campus.
- Ability to interact via telephone, in person, and via electronic media.
Health, dental, life, contributions to a 403(b), and tuition remission included. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
firstname.lastname@example.org - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to becoming a model university of the twenty-first century. Toward this effort we are determined to have a faculty, staff, and student body reflecting the cultural demographics of the Greater Chicago land Area.