Aurora University is an independent, comprehensive institution founded in 1893 offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees. Our two campuses are located in Aurora, Illinois and on the shores of Geneva Lake in Wisconsin. Additionally, we have an Educational Center in Woodstock, Illinois. We seek people passionately involved in the educational process who will help us realize our vision.
Position Purpose: The Recruiter/Advisor for Woodstock Center is responsible for the recruitment of adult degree completion and graduate students as well as advising prospective students throughout the admission process.
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service, learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
- Handle confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Serves as a member of the adult and graduate recruitment team at AU Woodstock Center as well as Aurora University.
- Assumes responsibility for recruiting adult degree completion students and graduate students for programs offered through the AU Woodstock Center.
- Provides accurate information about Aurora University’s academic and transfer policies, admission procedures, and degree programs, including academic requirements for specific programs.
- Supports students throughout enrollment processes, providing information, reviewing credentials and facilitating appointments with appropriate faculty and staff.
- Reviews adult degree completion and graduate files for admission.
- Represents Aurora University at internal and external recruiting events, including area companies/agencies and community colleges.
- Assists with the planning and coordinating of special events for adult students.
- Performs unofficial evaluations of college transcripts for incoming students.
- Recommends and helps implement strategies for recruiting students.
- Works with the Director of Woodstock Center to recommend appropriate course additions to the class schedule.
- Works with AU Woodstock Center staff, program directors, University Communications and the Center for Adult and Graduate Studies to design marketing materials and to plan recruiting events.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree required; master's degree preferred.
- Experience in higher education admissions and/or sales experience preferred.
- Ability to relate well to prospective adult students necessary.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and a customer-service orientation and professional manner.
- Computer knowledge essential.
- Ability to interact with a diverse group of faculty, staff, and students and to develop strong working relationships with colleagues, faculty, staff, administrators, students and the general public.
- Flexibility with an evolving work situation.
- Valid Illinois driver’s license; ability to travel regularly to colleges, college and career fairs, and businesses, providing own vehicle.
- Evening and occasional Saturday hours required.
- Ability to move about campus and other locations.
- Ability to interact via telephone, in person and via electronic media.
Health, dental, life, contributions to a 403(b), and tuition remission included. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
firstname.lastname@example.org - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to becoming a model university of the twenty-first century. Toward this effort we are determined to have a faculty, staff, and student body reflecting the cultural demographics of the Greater Chicago land Area.