Aurora University is an independent, comprehensive institution founded in 1893 offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees. Our two campuses are located in Aurora, Illinois and on the shores of Geneva Lake in Wisconsin. Additionally, we have an Educational Center in Woodstock, Illinois. We seek people passionately involved in the educational process who will help us realize our vision.POSITION PURPOSE: The Programmer Analyst maintains existing software applications and develops new applications to support management information needs of Aurora University and various university departments.
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service. Learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
- Handles all information with tact and discretion and recognizes the confidential nature of university business.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
- Maintains existing Ellucian administrative software applications.
- Provides associated system administration and support functions as required.
- Analyzes software needs of administrative users; modifies existing applications and/or develops new applications as required.
- Analyzes user problems and determines if problems are software or operational in nature; develops appropriate solutions through software modifications, bug fixes, procedure modification, or user training.
- Maintains scripts and other UNIX files using the VI editor.
- Provides user training on the use of administrate procedures, diagnosis of problems, and software enhancements and modifications.
- Assists new employees in becoming familiar with Aurora University's administrative information systems.
- Develops appropriate end-user documentation in accordance with standards for software design and development procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or related field required.
- Three years working with Ellucian software, UniData DBMS system, or equivalent.
- Knowledge / experience working in a UNIX environment including the VI editor.
- Knowledge of and experience using database software including a report generator.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work with people of various backgrounds and levels.
- Good working knowledge of standard Windows office and network applications.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- No heavy lifting required.
- Walking to/from campus buildings.
Health, dental, life, contributions to 403(b), and tuition remission included. Please submit resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
firstname.lastname@example.org - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to becoming a model university of the twenty-first century. Toward this effort we are determined to have a faculty, staff, and student body reflecting the cultural demographics of the Greater Chicago land Area.