Aurora University is an independent, comprehensive institution founded in 1893 offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees. Our two campuses are located in Aurora, Illinois and on the shores of Geneva Lake in Wisconsin. Additionally, we have an Educational Center in Woodstock, Illinois. We seek people passionately involved in the educational process who will help us realize our vision.POSITION PURPOSE: The Front Desk Attendant supports learning as a member of the Conference Center team at George Williams College of Aurora University in Williams Bay, WI. Responsible for: maintaining and promoting hospitality at all times; welcoming and serving guests in a courteous, efficient and friendly manner, both face-to-face and on the phone. As part of this job, this individual is required to: demonstrate good phone etiquette and computer skills; accurately handle cash and charges; present a friendly, outgoing, energetic and guest service oriented demeanor. Part-time position, typically 8 hour shifts, 20 - 40 hours per week based on seasonal levels of business.
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service. Learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
- Handles all information with tact and discretion and recognizes the confidential nature of university business.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
- Maintains and promotes hospitality at all times; welcomes and serves guests in a courteous, efficient and friendly manner, both face-to-face and on the phone.
- Makes independent judgments relating to customer service.
- Assists team with conferencing billing. Handles cash and charges.
- Handles incoming and interoffice phones utilizing good phone etiquette.
- Assists others to improve and to streamline conferencing procedures and processes for the benefit of George Williams College and our students and guests.
- Assists with set up and tear down of audio-visual equipment for conference center groups.
- Maintains storage, identifies and reports equipment in need of repair and adjusts inventory of audio-visual equipment monthly.
- Assists with the implementation of the Campus Emergency Response Plan.
Skills: Proficient with Windows, Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel. Effective communication skills both oral and written. Must possess a customer service attitude and be outgoing while balancing the best interest of George Williams College.
Able to use and learn computer skills and programs relevant to conferencing operations including the Resort Data Program. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with different types of personalities. Displays sound judgment and discretionary skills.
As part of this job, this individual is required to: demonstrate good phone etiquette and computer skills.; accurately handle cash and charges; present a friendly outgoing, energetic and guest service oriented demeanor.
Physical Requirements: Ability to move about campus on hilly terrain and in inclement weather. Able to work a flexible schedule as needed with some weekends and evenings required.
Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
Apply electronically, by fax or hard copy to:
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
firstname.lastname@example.org - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to becoming a model university of the twenty-first century. Toward this effort we are determined to have a faculty, staff, and student body reflecting the cultural demographics of the Greater Chicago land Area.