Aurora University is an independent, comprehensive institution founded in 1893 offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees. Our two campuses are located in Aurora, Illinois and on the shores of Geneva Lake in Wisconsin. Additionally, we have an Educational Center in Woodstock, Illinois. We seek people passionately involved in the educational process who will help us realize our vision.
Position Purpose: Under general direction of the Senior Director, EUC and Senior Office of IT (OIT) staff, the EUC Technologist provides exceptional, high-quality, professional desktop and laptop Tier II/III support to the internal user community, including executive-level customers. This includes the deployment and troubleshooting of all desktop hardware, operating systems, and software applications supported by End User Computing team. This position exemplifies outstanding customer service skills when responding to end user problems received via a ticketing system, phone and email. This position partners with other OIT team members to troubleshoot issues outside of EUC’s immediate responsibility or skill set.
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service, learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
- Handle confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides escalated, highly complex Tier II/III technical support to users by investigating and resolving systems-related matters, automated application deployments and the management of workstations using enterprise management tools.
- Identifies, evaluates, and recommends new products, technologies, road-maps and strategies.
- Performs advanced troubleshooting of supported desktops, laptops and peripherals and Windows and Macintosh Operating Systems and applications, providing remote and desk side technical support.
- Provides weekly written updates on status of current tickets, open issues and projects.
- Works proactively with AU Personnel to on-board new employees and prepare hardware and software for those employees, and assists in the training and orientation of new staff in use of hardware and software. Works with urgency on off-boarding of employees including collection of equipment and peripherals.
- Assists users with establishing Video and Audio Conferences.
- Responsible for accurate tracking of all assets supported by End User Computing.
- Interacts with vendors to facilitate repairs of hardware, i.e. printers, laptops and desktops.
- Develops and deploys end-user device Images by designing, testing, and documenting the image to be deployed.
- Develops and deploys application package builds by designing, testing, and documenting the package to be deployed, solving complex problems and improve the end user experience.
- Develops and deploys hardware and software in accordance with company replacement/upgrade programs.
- Implements hardware and software patches in accordance with company security policies and deployment procedures.
- Maintains technical documentation related to the configuration of production components (i.e. hardware, operating system, applications, management tools, etc.) including installation and troubleshooting instructions for each.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computing or related field and two years of systems and/or application support experience; or, Associate’s degree in Computing or related field and three years of systems and/or application support experience; or, four years of systems and/or application support experience; or, any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
- A+, Network+, ITL, MCP or similar certifications preferred
- MCSE, CCNA Certifications a plus
- 1 to 3 years -- Enterprise desktop life-cycle management
- 1 to 3 years -- Knowledge of TCP/IP, VOIP, and other essential networking technologies; including experience in supporting end-user related issues with network connectivity (switch, jack connections, cabling, etc.)
- 1 to 3 years -- Experience in management and use of systems management tools for asset management and deployment. (SpiceWorks, SCCM, LanDesk, and other comparable technologies)
- 1 to 3 years -- Experience in Active Directory management and migrations
- 1 to 3 years -- ITIL methodology
- 1 to 3 years -- Advanced scripting and automation techniques
- 1 to 3 years -- OS roll-outs/upgrades and remote OS deployments
- 3 to 5 years -- Effectively managing small to medium projects; including work effort estimation and duration of required tasks
- 3 to 5 years -- Hands-on support experience with end user computing support technologies including: Windows 7/8, desktop applications, peripheral equipment (printers, scanners…), tablet devices, and problem tracking software
- 3 to 5 years -- Experience in supporting of End User Computing environment through remote and desk side assistance
- 3 to 5 years -- Demonstrated progressive experience in the field of technical support
- 3 to 5 years -- Deep rooted technical knowledge of Windows XP, 7, 8 and Macintosh OS X Operating Systems
- 3 to 5 years – advanced support of Wireless networking, IP Printing, and Mobile Computing Devices
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Effectively gather and present performance metrics and benchmarks for system resolutions and enhancements
- Exhibits strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage priorities and workflow, including reorganizing priorities and responding quickly to issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, professional appearance, punctuality and a sense of urgency
- Must be detail oriented, a team player and have the ability multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines able to work independently
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly
- Must be able to move a PC, and its peripherals on occasion
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl while installing hardware
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds
Health, dental, life, contributions to a 403(b), and tuition remission included. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
firstname.lastname@example.org - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to becoming a model university of the twenty-first century. Toward this effort we are determined to have a faculty, staff, and student body reflecting the cultural demographics of the Greater Chicago land Area.