Aurora University is an independent, comprehensive institution founded in 1893 offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees. Our two campuses are located in Aurora, Illinois and on the shores of Geneva Lake in Wisconsin. Additionally, we have an Educational Center in Woodstock, Illinois. We seek people passionately involved in the educational process who will help us realize our vision.
POSITION PURPOSE: The bus driver (part-time) supports learning by driving a bus or van on an as needed basis to transport students safely and efficiently to an assigned location on a designated route.
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service. Learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
- Handles all information with tact and discretion and recognizes the confidential nature of university business.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Drives a bus/van along a designated route.
- Picks up and discharges students in accordance with time schedules.
- Observes legal and defensive driving practices.
- Complies with applicable traffic laws.
- Determines appropriate action in emergency situations according to established guidelines; administers first aid to passengers as needed.
- Conducts required safety inspections of buses.
- Attends safety meetings and programs as assigned.
Essential Job Requirements:
Education: High School Diploma required.
Experience: Minimum five (5) years driving experience required.
- Illinois Driver's License
- Proof of Personal Vehicle Insurance (Illinois Insurance Card)
- Satisfactory Motor Vehicle History Report
- Safe and defensive driving practices
- Proper operation of buses/vans
- Basic first aid procedures
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy
- Sitting for extended periods of time while operating buses
- Hearing and speaking to exchange information
- Reaching, pulling and pushing to open bus doors
- Bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching to inspect buses
- Seeing to monitor passengers and operate a vehicle
Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
Apply electronically, by fax or hard copy to:
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
email@example.com - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to becoming a model university of the twenty-first century. Toward this effort we are determined to have a faculty, staff, and student body reflecting the cultural demographics of the Greater Chicago land Area.