Aurora University is an independent, comprehensive institution founded in 1893 offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees. Our two campuses are located in Aurora, Illinois and on the shores of Geneva Lake in Wisconsin. Additionally, we have an Educational Center in Woodstock, Illinois. We seek people passionately involved in the educational process who will help us realize our vision.
Position Purpose: The Athletic Recruiting Liaison serves the University by acting as the link between undergraduate admission and athletics. This position manages the undergraduate enrollment process in conjunction with coaches. All financial aid award letters and any other financial information for athletes that is governed by NCAA rules will be managed by the Liaisons. This position, in its introductory year, will report to both the Associate VP for Enrollment and the VP for Enrollment.
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service, learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
- Handle confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Serves directly with the Freshman Recruitment team.
- Assumes responsibility for the co-recruitment of undergraduate (freshman and transfer) athletes.
- Provides accurate information about Aurora University’s degree programs and admission procedures.
- Presents enrollment information at regularly scheduled meetings in Athletic Offices weekly.
- Works with the Enrollment Assistant to schedule faculty visits for those athletes who wish to meet faculty during a campus visit.
- Evaluates high school transcripts and other academic information on athletes in order to advise coaches, students and families.
- Manages some high school or community college visits, attendance at college fairs, home visits, telecounseling, written correspondence and financial aid decisions.
- Assists coaches with the coordination of athletic open houses.
- Schedules coach’s attendance for all large freshman open houses.
- Provides basic financial aid information to prospective student athletes and families, including explanation for the financial aid process; works with the family to determine a comprehensive financial plan for attendance at the University. and all other open house.
- Works with the Dean of Freshman Admissions to help set and reach enrollment goals by sport and coach.
- Assists with promotional materials needed to promote athletics and each sport.
- Train on aspects of Slate that will facilitate communication between coaches and athletes.
- Helps manage each coach’s individual student print-out so students can be quickly reassigned, when appropriate, from one coach to another coach or to an admission representative.
- Shepherd the complete process of working with athletes from their first interest in AU to their assignment to a coach to their enrollment.
- Performs other duties as necessary or as assigned.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience in higher education important, admission, athletics, or sales preferred.
- Ability to relate well to prospective undergraduate students.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and a customer-service orientation and professional manner.
- Computer knowledge essential.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of faculty, staff and students and to develop strong relationships with colleagues, staff, administrators, students and the general public.
- Flexibility with an evolving work situation.
- Valid Illinois driver’s license.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed.
- Ability to travel regularly to high schools and career fairs, providing own vehicle.
- Ability to move about at those locations. Ability to move about campus.
- Ability to interact via telephone, in person, and via electronic media.
Health, dental, life, contributions to a 403(b), and tuition remission included. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
email@example.com - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to becoming a model university of the twenty-first century. Toward this effort we are determined to have a faculty, staff, and student body reflecting the cultural demographics of the Greater Chicago land Area.