Aurora University is an independent, comprehensive institution founded in 1893 offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees. Our two campuses are located in Aurora, Illinois and on the shores of Geneva Lake in Wisconsin. Additionally, we have an Educational Center in Woodstock, Illinois. We seek people passionately involved in the educational process who will help us realize our vision.
Position Purpose: This position is responsible for the recruitment of undergraduate and graduate students to George Williams College of Aurora University. The individual is responsible for creating and maintaining relationships with prospective students and provides counsel throughout the admission process. The individual reports to the Director of Freshman Admission and serves as a member of the enrollment management team.
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service, learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
- Handle confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Implements recruitment strategies as outlined in the admission plan in the assigned territory to include high school visits, college fairs, local interviews with students, and area receptions and events.
- Advises students and families of admission requirements, financial aid and scholarship information, residence life, etc.
- Works with community and alumni organizations that assist with the recruitment of students.
- Provides admission presentations to prospective students at on-campus and off-campus events.
- Provides follow-up to students and parents via phone, letters, email and scheduled appointments in specific recruitment territory.
- Reviews admission applications, evaluates credentials and recommends admission decisions.
- Completes routine reports related to recruitment, projections, personal schedule, travel, special programs and professional development.
- Initiates, plans and executes special projects in conjunction with the goals of the operation.
- Assists colleagues as needed and contributes to the team spirit and goals.
- Adheres to University policies and procedures regarding travel and procedures.
- Assists with university/college events as needed or requested, including but not limited to Commencement and Music By The Lake.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience in higher education important.
- A minimum of one to two years of experience as a college recruiter.
- Strong knowledge of rural and/or urban areas of Wisconsin.
- Sensitivity to the needs of all students necessary.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and a customer-service oriented and professional manner.
- Computer knowledge essential.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to interact with diverse group of faculty, staff, and students and to develop strong relationships with colleagues, staff, administrators, students and the general public.
- Flexibility with an evolving work situation.
- Some evening and Saturday hours required.
- Ability to travel regularly to college and career fairs, and local businesses, providing own vehicle with mileage reimbursement provided by University according to University policy.
- Ability to move about at those locations.
- Ability to move about campus.
- Ability to interact via telephone, in person and via electronic media.
Health, dental, life, contributions to a 403(b), and tuition remission included. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
firstname.lastname@example.org - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to becoming a model university of the twenty-first century. Toward this effort we are determined to have a faculty, staff, and student body reflecting the cultural demographics of the Greater Chicago land Area.