Aurora University is an independent, comprehensive institution founded in 1893 offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees. Our two campuses are located in Aurora, Illinois and on the shores of Geneva Lake in Wisconsin. Additionally, we have an Educational Center in Woodstock, Illinois. We seek people passionately involved in the educational process who will help us realize our vision.
Aurora University is looking to hire qualified adjuncts to teach a number of core departmental courses. The ideal candidate is able to teach across the curriculum as a Communication Generalist. Candidates able to teach in the areas public speaking, professional communication, business communication, interpersonal/group/organizational communication, and communication theory are in particular need. Courses we will need to staff at the AU campus, Woodstock Center/Adult Completion Program, and online include:
- Intro to Human Communication/Public Speaking (undergraduate - Freshmen/Sophomore level)
- Professional Communication (undergraduate - Freshmen/Sophomore level)
- Interpersonal/Group Communication (undergraduate - Freshmen/Sophomore level)
- Persuasion & Consumer Culture (undergraduate - Junior level)
- Intercultural Communication (undergraduate - Junior level)
- Organizational Communication (undergraduate - Junior level)
Candidates must have a completed master's degree in communication or related field with preference given to candidates with industry experience. For more information about the Department of Communication at Aurora University, plesase visit http://www.aurora.edu/communication.
Please email resume or curriculum vitae, plus cover letter stating the specific areas you are interested in teaching to:
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to becoming a model university of the twenty-first century. Toward this effort we are determined to have a faculty, staff, and student body reflecting the cultural demographics of the greater Chicago area.