Federal, state and university grants are awarded based on financial need. To qualify for need-based grants, you must file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

Federal Pell Grants: 

  • Award based on the processed FAFSA and the funding level approved by Congress. 

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (SEOG):

  • Available to students with exceptional financial need
  • Must be Pell Eligible
  • Limited funds are dependent on Congressional appropriations
  • Awarded by the university in varying amounts

Illinois Monetary Award Program Grants (MAP):

  • Available to Illinois residents attending an Illinois college or university.
  • Parents of a dependent student must be a legal resident of the state at the time of the application.
  • An independent student must have resided in Illinois for 12 continuous months prior to the beginning of the academic year.
  • Students must apply and meet the criteria each year to renew this grant.
  • Applicants must file prior to deadlines set by the State of Illinois.
  • Awards and deadlines are subject to change based on state funding. View the latest MAP updates.

Aurora University Grants:

  • Based on financial need
  • Awards range from approximately $100 - $6,000
  • Both Illinois and out-of-state students are eligible

Aurora University Graduate Grants:

  • Only available to Aurora campus graduate students
  • Must be enrolled at least half-time in a degree-seeking program
Contact us

Office of Financial Aid

Eckhart Hall 205
347 S. Gladstone Ave.
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-6191 (fax)