Bachelor of Social Work
2013-2014 Catalog Year
Official course selections should be made with the guidance of an academic advisor and will depend on an individual student's situation.
Specific information regarding majors, minors, course descriptions, policies and procedures can be found in the university catalog.
|ENG1000: Introduction to Academic Writing||4||
IDS1600: Culture, Diversity, & Expression OR IDS1610: Being Human
|MTH1100: College Algebra OR MTH1110: Contemporary Mathematics OR Elective
||3||PSY1100: General Psychology||4|
|SOC1100: Principles of Sociology||4||General Education Course (ONW, AP)||
|Elective||4||General Education Course (ONW, AP)||4|
|Total Semester Hours||15||Total Semester Hours||16|
|ENG2010: Introduction to Research Writing
||4||***2000-Level IDS Course||4|
|PSC2110: United States Government
||4||General Education Course (ONW, AP)||4|
|General Education Course (ONW, AP)||4||SWK2500: Survey of Contemporary Social Work||3|
|Total Semester Hours||16||Total Semester Hours||15|
|SWK3140: Social Work with Groups||3||SWK3150: Social Welfare
|SWK3210: Human Behavior in Social Environment I||3||SWK3390WI: SWK Practice with Diverse Populations||4|
|3000/4000 Level General Education Course||3-4||SWK3400: Human Behavior in Social Work
|Elective||3||SWK3810: Pre-Practicum Seminar||3|
|Total Semester Hours||15-16||Total Semester Hours||16-17|
|SWK4110: SWK with Individuals and Families||3||SWK4120: Integrative Seminar in Social Work||3|
|SWK4200: Social Work Research I||3||SWK4220: Field Instruction II||3|
|SWK4210: Field Instruction I||3||SWK4300: Social Work Research II||3|
|SWK4010: Community and Organizations||3||SWK4810: Field Seminar II||3|
|SWK4500: Field Seminar I||3||Social Work Elective*||3|
|Total Semester Hours||15||Total Semester Hours||15|
- Students must complete 30 semester hours at the 3000 level or above, of which 15 semester hours must be completed at Aurora University.
- Last 24 semester hours of degree must be completed at Aurora University, including at least 18 semester hours in the major.
- **Choose one of the following 2000-level IDS courses:
IDS2000: Wellness & Social Responsibility
IDS2020: Trajectories of Human History
IDS2030: Science & Society
IDS2040: Global Justice
- *Students must complete at least one Social Work elective. Some courses will also apply toward an optional specialization in Addictions Counseling (CADC) or Child Welfare. See catalog.
- General Education abbreviations:
- KO = Knowing Ourselves and Others A and B
- ONW = Our Natural World
- AP = Aesthetic and Philosophical Expression A and B
If you have questions about this major, contact the Crouse Center for Student Success at 630-844-6870.