MAJOR IN COMMUNICATION
Bachelor of Arts - Adult Degree Completion Program and AU Online
A minimum of five (5) years of relevant full-time work experience is required for admission to the adult degree completion program.
Communication Major Requirements: 40 semester hours of communication ADC major-approved courses.
All communication ADC majors are required to complete the following courses core (20 SH) and senior-year experience (4SH) courses:
- COM1550 Professional Communication (4)
- COM2150 Human Relationships and Interactions (4)
- COM2200 Writing for Communication (4)
- COM2850 Visual Communication (4)
- COM3200 Persuasion and Consumer Culture (4)
- COM4990 Communication Project Management (4)
In addition to the preceding, all communication ADC majors are required to complete 16 semester hours from the following communication elective courses*:
- COM2240 Public Relations (4)
- COM2250 Advertising (4)
- COM3000 Navigating Organizations (4)
- COM3140 Multimedia Journalism (4)
- COM3245 Strategic Writing and Production (4)
- COM3500 Intercultural Communication (4)
- COM3810 Special Topics in Communication (4)
- COM4240 Strategic Campaigns (4)
- COM4940 Communication Internship (4)
*Adult Degree Completion students have the option of completing their major elective requirements with any other offered Communication course.