- Apply child development principles in advocating for children and youth through social policy decision-making.
- Apply the cognitive, behavioral, and biological factors having important implications for competitive sport participants from early childhood through high school age during their field and internship experiences.
- Translate sport science research into practical implications for youth sport coaches, teachers, and administrators through specifically designed course assignments.
- Examine youth policy as formulated in response to the pressing social needs of youth, as indirect youth work, and as a community's moral compact with its young people.
- Understand the fundamental theories/issues in sport marketing as they uniquely apply to the sport business industry.
- Experience how technology is evolving and being utilized within sports marketing.
- Acquire the American Sport Education Program credential necessary to coach in secondary schools in the state of Illinois.
- Ability to apply for senior level positions within the YMCA through completion of the secondary major, YMCA Senior Director Certification Program.
Open House and Visit Days
No events scheduled at this time.