The Athletic Training program begins in the student's sophomore year.
By the first day of spring semester of student's freshman year, the following items are required:
- Submit Athletic Training application.
- Submit a physical examination and immunization record, including initiation of the Hepatitis B vaccine series prior to enrolling in ATR1760 or a signed waiver indicating refusal.
- Submit a current TB screen/test (within past 12 months). Cost incurred by student.
- Complete a criminal background check through the university ($40 cost incurred by student).
- Submit signed Technical Standards Statement.
In addition to Aurora University’s general admission requirements, the Athletic Training program requires the applicant to:
- Possess a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale from an accredited higher education institution (minimum of 24 credit hours).
- Meet with the Athletic Training advisor.
- Complete pre-athletic training courses:
- BIO1210 Biology of Cells
- ATR1800 Responding to Emergencies
- ATR2050 Foundations of Athletic Training
- ATR1760 Athletic Training Practicum