Bachelor of Social Work
2012-2013 Catalog Year
Official course selections should be made with the guidance of an academic advisor and will depend on an individual student's situation.
Specific information regarding majors, minors, course descriptions, policies and procedures can be found in the university catalog.
|ENG1000: Introduction to Academic Writing||4||IDS1600: Culture, Diversity, & Expression||4|
|MTH1100 College Algebra or MTH1110 Contemp Math||3||PSY1100 General Psychology||4|
|SOC1100 Principles of Sociology||4||General Education Course (ONW, AP)||
|Elective||4||General Education Course (ONW, AP)||4|
|Total Semester Hours||15||Total Semester Hours||16|
|ENG2010: Composition II||4||IDS2000: Wellness & Social Responsibility||4|
|PSC2110 US Government||4||General Education Course (ONW, AP)||4|
|General Education Course (ONW, AP)||4||SWK2500 Survey of Contemp Social Work||3|
|Total Semester Hours||16||Total Semester Hours||15|
|SWK3140 Social Work with Groups||3||SWK3150 Social Welfare: Institutions/Policies||3|
|SWK3210 Human Behavior in Social Environment I||3||SWK3390WI SWK Practice with Diverse Pop||4|
|3000/4000 Level General Education Course||3-4||SWK3400 Human Behavior in Social Environment II||3|
|Elective||3||SWK3810 Pre-Practicum Seminar||2|
|Total Semester Hours||15-16||Total Semester Hours||15-16|
|SWK4110 SWK with Individuals and Families||3||SWK4120 Integrative Seminar in Social Work||3|
|SWK4200 Social Work Research I||3||SWK4220 Field Instruction II||3|
|SWK4210 Field Instruction I||3||SWK4300 Social Work Research II||3|
|SWK4010 Community and Organizations||3||SWK4810 Field Seminar II||3|
|SWK4500 Field Seminar I||3||Social Work Elective*||3|
|Total Semester Hours||15||Total Semester Hours||15|
- Students must complete 30 semester hours at the 3000 level or above, of which 15 semester hours must be completed at Aurora University.
- Last 24 semester hours of degree must be completed at Aurora University, including at least 18 semester hours in the major.
- WI indicates the required 3000-level Writing Intensive course for the major.
- General Education abbreviations:
- KO = Knowing Ourselves and Others A and B
- ONW = Our Natural World
- AP = Aesthetic and Philosophical Expression A and B
- *If interested in pursuing advanced standing for MSW, take SWK4400 Psychopathology for Social Work Elective
- Optional: Addictions (CADC) or Child Welfare Specializations
If you have questions about this major, contact the Crouse Center for Student Success at (630) 844-6870.