Bachelor of Science
2012-2013 Catalog Year
This 4-Year Plan is only a suggested guide for planning course selections.
Official course selections should be made with the guidance of an academic advisor and will depend on an individual student's situation.
Specific information regarding majors, minors, course descriptions, policies and procedures can be found in the university catalog.
|ENG1000: Introduction to Academic Writing||4||IDS1600: Culture, Diversity, & Expression||4|
|MTH2210: Calculus I||4||MTH2220: Calculus II||4|
|ACC2010: Principles of Financial Accounting||3||ECN2010: Microeconomics||
|General Education Course (KO, ONW, AP)||4||ACC2020: Principles of Managerial Accounting||3|
|Total Semester Hours||15||Total Semester Hours||14|
|ENG2010: Composition II||4||IDS2000: Wellness & Social Responsibility||4|
|MTH2230: Calculus III||4||MTH3260: Probablity and Statistics II||3|
|MTH3240: Probability and Statistics I||3||MTH3220: Actuary Mathematics II||3|
|MTH3100: Theories of Interest||3||ECN2020: Macroeconomics||3|
|Total Semester Hours||14||Total Semester Hours||13|
|MTH3200: Actuarial Mathematics I||3||BUS3430: Intermediate Corporate Finance||3|
|BUS3400: Principles of Finance||3||BUS4250: Investments and Portfolio Management||3|
|General Education Course (KO, ONW, AP)||4||BUS3200WI: Principles of Management (WI)||3|
3000/4000 Level General Education Course (KO, ONW, AP)
|3-4||General Education Course (KO, ONW, AP)||4|
||General Education Course (KO, ONW, AP)||4|
|Total Semester Hours||16-17||Total Semester Hours||17|
|General Education Course (KO, ONW, AP)||4||
CSC1700: Intro to Computer Programming OR
BUS3520: Advanced Software Applications
|General Education Course (KO, ONW, AP)||4||Elective||3-4|
|MTH4950: Senior Seminar in Actuary Science||1||
|Total Semester Hours||15-16||Total Semester Hours||12-15|
- Students must complete 30 semester hours at the 3000 level or above, of which 15 semester hours must be completed at Aurora University.
- Last 24 semester hours of degree must be completed at Aurora University, including at least 18 semester hours in the major.
- A total of 37 semester hours are required to complete the psychology major.
- PSY 3940/4940 Internship: Students can take a maximum of 9 credit hours to count toward graduation. Only three credit hours will count toward the major. The remaining hours will count as elective credits.
- WI indicates the required 3000-level Writing Intensive course for the major.
- General Education abbreviations:
- KO = Knowing Ourselves and Others A and B
- ONW = Our Natural World
- AP = Aesthetic and Philosophical Expression A and B