The items below are required for the application file to the Aurora University Teacher Leader Program.
Qualifications for Admission:
All candidates seeking admission to the Teacher Leader Program must have a valid IL professional educator license (early childhood, elementary, secondary, special PreK-12, or preschool-age 21), be in a current full-time teaching position, and have one or more years of teaching experience in a PreK-12 setting.
Passage of the Illinois Basic Skills Test or TAP Test of Academic Proficiency.
- A completed program cohort commitment form and $100 deposit. *
- A completed Aurora University cohort admission application.
- An official transcript from the last degree earned: undergraduate degree indicating a GPA of 2.75 of higher or a graduate degree indicating a GPA of 3.0 or higher, both based on a 4.0 scale.
- A current resume documenting required teaching experience.
- A recommendation from your current building principal
or direct supervisor which addresses evidence/examples of the following:
- Implementing data analysis skills, resulting in instructional revisions and increased student learning/achievement
- Documenting strong oral/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrating strong leadership skills in a current role or the capacity to assume a significant teacher leader role in the school and/or community environment
Questions regarding admission and receipt of documents should be directed to Marcia Gapsari , Office of Graduate Admission, 630-844-4643 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Deposit is completely refundable up until the first night of class, and is applied directly toward first semester tuition.