Admission Requirements - Director of Special Education Endorsement
All candidates seeking admission to the Director of Special Education Endorsement program must:
- Have a valid Illinois professional educator license (early childhood, elementary, secondary, or preschool-age 21)
- One or more years of teaching experience in a PreK-12 setting and current district employment
- Pass the Illinois Basic Skills Test, TAP Test of Academic Proficiency or have an ACT Plus Writing composite score of 22 or higher.
- A completed Graduate Application for Admission
- An official transcript from the last degree earned: A graduate degree indicating a GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale. Aurora University accepts official electronic transcripts at AU-ETranscripts@aurora.edu
- A recommendation letter from your current building principal or direct supervisor
- A valid Type 75 Administrative Certificate along with a background in one of the following: Special Education, School Social Work, School Psychology or Speech/Language Pathology. You must also have at least two years professional work experience in the specific background areas.