To be admitted to the MSN Bridge program, you should:
- Have an associate’s degree in nursing with a grade-point average of 3.0 or greater (4.0 scale).
- Be a graduate of a regionally accredited undergraduate institution with a grade-point average of 3.0 or greater (4.0 scale).
- Have a current RN license to practice in the state of Illinois or Wisconsin.
- Have clinical practice in the last two years (one year full-time equivalent).
We accept applications to the program on an ongoing basis, year-round. To apply for admission, you must:
- Complete the online application for admission.
- Submit two letters of recommendation from individuals who can speak to your professional and clinical nursing performance; one must be from a current clinical supervisor. Letters may be sent directly from the person writing the recommendation.
- Submit a 750- to 1,000-word essay describing why you wish to pursue a graduate nursing degree.
- Submit official and sealed transcripts for all prior college and university credit.
- Submit a current Curriculum Vita or detailed resume.
Please submit all materials to:
The Center for Adult and Graduate Studies
347 S. Gladstone Avenue
Aurora, IL 60506-4892
Applicants will be interviewed by the School of Nursing Review Committee when all admission materials are received. Applicants will be notified of the admission decision by Aurora University and the School of Nursing in writing.
Upon admission to the MSN program, students will need to provide documentation to the School of Nursing for current CPR certification, health physical, and proof of immunizations, criminal background check, drug screen, liability insurance and health insurance.