Admission Requirements - Master of Science in Applied Behavior Analysis
- A graduate application (obtained online or from the Center for Adult and Graduate Studies)
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum 2.75 GPA on a 4.0 scale)
- Official, sealed transcripts from all prior colleges and universities attended
- Personal statement
- Curriculum vita or resume
- Three academic or professional letters of recommendation
- National background check is required (once admitted into the program)
Your personal statement should be typewritten, double-spaced narrative of 2-3 pages and reflect standards of graduate-level writing. It should describe your motivation and aspiration for becoming a behavior analyst. The following questions may be used as a guide:
- How did you become interested in Applied Behavior Analysis?
- What are your current interests in Applied Behavior Analysis?
- What are your future goals in relation to Applied Behavior Analysis?
- Background Check: Once admitted into the program, a national background check is required. Please note that a criminal background (including, but not limited to, convictions concerning child abuse, child neglect, or violence) may render you ineligible for a practicum experience, which is a requirement for the Aurora University ABA Master’s degree program and national ABA certification.
- Maintain personal characteristics indicative of the capacity for professional practice as evidenced by personal maturity, a high level of personal integrity, readiness to identify with the high standards, professional behavior, and ethical principles of the behavior analyst’s profession and promote the general welfare of society through the application of the principles of behavior.
In reviewing applications, we evaluate all transcripts, the “Statement of Purpose” and reference information. Admission interviews are conducted on a selected basis. If an interview is conducted, your admission materials are reviewed and questions regarding the ABA Master's program are answered.
Send application materials to:
347 S. Gladstone Avenue
Aurora, Illinois 60506-4892