"Teaching to learn, learning to teach."
- To encourage AU elementary and secondary education majors to pursue teaching as a career.
- To develop an understanding of the role of schools in our society.
- To provide information on professional career opportunities in education.
- To provide opportunities for members to develop qualities, attitudes and experiences basic to successful teaching.
- Service: Foster learning and promote teaching.
- Character: Exemplify the principles of honesty, integrity, compassion, dependability and responsibility.
- Leadership: Demonstrate good character, knowledge, self-confidence, sensitivity, patience and a positive attitude.
- Scholarship: Develop your potential, reaching for knowledge and wisdom.
- Bi-monthly meetings
- Featured speakers
- Door prizes at meetings
- FEA/AU Walk for Education
- Student-teacher panel
- First-year teacher panel
- Pizza party
- Community service
- Holiday party
- Teacher appreciation
- Special events with high school FEA chapters
- Sharing of favorite children's books
FEAU Officers 2009-2010:
- Co-Presidents: Megan Pence and Kate Poole
- Vice President: Emily Densmore
- Secretary: Anne Miller
- Treasurer: Nicole Swanson